Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bobby Murcer will undergo a brain biopsy

There's a chance it's scar tissue from radiation, but there's also a chance it's another cancerous tumor. Hopefully it's just scar tissue...I like Murcer in the booth, and he seems like a great guy. My thoughts and prayers are with he and his family this evening. From the Star-Ledger:
"I've got to go back to Houston on Monday for more tests," Murcer told the Daily News, "which means I'm going to have to miss the first two spring-training (broadcasts). I still hope to be in Tampa in time for the third game (on March 7) and I'm still planning on doing my full schedule of games for the regular season."

According to the Daily News, Murcer's wife sent an e-mail to friends saying that an MRI revealed an "area that doctors are concerned about. ... Please pray that it will be determined to be necrosis (scar tissue from the radiation), and not another cancerous tumor. It's one of the two."

1 comment:

fan-of-littleLeague said...

Let's hope Bobby Murcer is OK. He always seems like a nice guy, was a good player and is an interesting announcer.