Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Baseball America releases Top 100 prospects list

And the news is pretty good for the Yankees. On the list were:

#3 - Joba Chamberlain
#37 - Jose Tabata
#41 - Austin Jackson
#45 - Ian Kennedy

Four players in the top 50 is exciting, especially when you consider how bad the system was just a few years ago. Joba is the top pitching prospect, falling one slot ahead of Clay Buchholz (who I think has one of the stupidest names in the Majors).

I'd like to see Kennedy a little higher, given his results and proximity to the majors, but most of that is me looking through my pinstriped glasses.

I also think Alan Horne should have been on the back end of the list, but there are enough questions (age, command) about him to defend leaving him off.

After reading the opinions of many Yankee fans around the Internet, I feel like I should make some sort of comment about how BA hates the Yankees, but I just don't see it.

3 comments:

fan-of-littleLeague said...

great name for a yankee blog ... i'll check back and read more

Andrew Fletcher said...

Good luck with the blog.

R. D. said...

Thanks, I'm a regular reader of yours. It was one of the reasons I wanted to start one for myself.