Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Put it in the books!

The Yankees won the last home opener in the Stadium, 3 - 2. Overall, it was a good game for the good guys. Wang showed why we shouldn't be concerned with spring stats or two postseason starts; Melky should, both offensively and defensively, why the Yankees didn't trade him; Joba showed he's actually a sophisticated robot; Mo showed he's still Mo (the pitch he struck Overbay out on is one of my favorite things about baseball season); A-Rod picked right up where he left off; Giambi showed some impressive defense and baserunning; and Girardi got his first win. The offense may have only scored 3 runs, but when you're facing Halladay, that's not too shabby.

I know some people don't like Joba's fistpumping, but I love it. It actually gets me pumped up. When I guy plays with that kind of emotion and fire, you can't take it away from him. It'll make him less effective. Besides, I've watched Frankie Rodriguez and Papelbon do it against the Yanks for long enough.

I didn't liveblog tonight, but I hope to in the future, during times I'm there for the whole game. We'll see how it goes.

Rejoice! Baseball is back.

No comments: