Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Opening day washout

How disappointing was it that opening day washed out? Oh well, what's one more day?

In other news, the Yankees have signed outfielder Isuro Tanaka out of the Independent Leagues to a one-year deal. It sounds like he's not great with the bat, but he can run and play all three outfield positions.

I like the move. It gives the Yanks some flexibility if someone gets hurt and they think Gardner isn't ready. Some of you may remember Tanaka for his amazing catch with the Indians in 1994, as he climbed the fence and made a bare-handed grab to take away a potential homer.

He issued the following press release:
I am honored to have been given this opportunity by the New York Yankees. I look forward to proving that I have the marbles to play in the great city of New York and I hope to bring much honor and another championship to the fans and my new teammates. Thank you very much.
Thank you to the Bronx Block for the tip.

No comments: